Thursday, November 5, 2009

My First Laundry Experience in My New Apartment!

Not as exciting as it might sound...
I do not have a washer/dryer in my apartment (yet), so I had to use the laundry facility that the apartments provide for residents. First off, they do not run on quarters, but on cards which you load money onto. Essentially that would be a fantastic idea. However, it is quite a pain. To get your card initially, you HAVE to have a five dollar bill. After you insert the five dollars, you assume you would have a balance of five dollars on your card. Not so. It apparently costs three dollars to get the card, so your balance is two dollars. Each load costs $1.50, so that is good for one load of laundry... I added another ten dollars to my card. I was in that laundry facility for three and a half hours! Sitting there on my computer, listening to music and talking to my sister. I had to run the dryer THREE cycles because it didn't dry well enough. That is $4.50 on JUST drying my jeans. I feel like this is a really big waste of money.

Anyways, I was SOO ready to get out of there that I packed up all my stuff in my laundry basket. In there were my folded clothes, my laptop, my phone, and my keys. I put the laundry basket in my passenger seat, closed the door, and walked to the driver's side. I attempted to open the door and realized it was locked. I walked back over to the passenger side and saw that it was locked too... uh oh.

I don't have my phone because it is in the laundry basket. Luckily, right at that moment, another resident came to do his laundry. I quickly asked to use his phone, and he handed it to me. Unluckily, I do not know my roommate's number by heart. I know my boyfriend knows her number, but again, I do not know his number by heart. So I called my sister. I asked her to three-way my boyfriend. When he got on the phone, I asked him to call my roommate. He called her, called my sister back, and she called the number that I called her on. My boyfriend said that she is in Warner Robins, so it will take her some time to get back. I went and sat by my door and read 'The Kite Runner.' She showed up under fifteen minutes later. She opened up the apartment door, I got my spare key and went to get my car...


My back is killing me.
haha

1 comment:

  1. Aw snap. Get a washer and dryer soon! if I didn't have a washer/dryer I'd be effed. because by the time laundry day comes, I'm pretty much naked due to lack of clothes.

    ...it'd suck if I had to go down to a public laundry room naked.

    ReplyDelete